Celebrate Today, Own Tomorrow
The Association of Career & Technical Education (ACTE) has declared February as CTE Month, a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
CTE Month 2017 gives CAROCP members throughout the state the chance to inform others of the innovation and excellence that takes place within your CTE programs every day and raise awareness of the crucial role that CTE plays in readying our students for careers and our nation for economic success.
Members are hosting activities focused on communicating the value of career and technical education. College and career pathway advisors will host program awareness events for students and CAROCP leaders will reach out to legislators to share how CTE supports numerous aspects of California’s economy.
How can your organization participate?
- Social Media: Follow @ROCPInspire on Twitter and mention us in your CTE Month posts using #CTEMonth
- Check out these ideas from ACTE on hosting CTE Month events and activities.
CTE Month Highlights
Check out the great work of our member organizations to raise awareness of CTE programs and demonstrate the value of career education during CTE Month.
- Tri Cities ROP highlights CTE Month activities in its monthly newsletter.
- Colton Redlands Yucaipa ROP (CRY-ROP) board issues CTE Month proclamation. Read now.
- Colton Redlands Yucaipa ROP asked instructors and staff members what CTE means to them. These instructors see first hand the impacts that participation in career technical education has on students. Watch the video.
- La Puente Valley ROP’s January newsletter highlights achievements of ROP students.
- On February 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM, the City Council for City of Industry, CA, will issue a proclamation at City Hall, declaring the month of February as CTE Month. The proclamation will be accepted by LPVROP Superintendent Maura Murabito on behalf of CTE and ROP.